Terms & Conditions
Management of the Shop
Politicos.co.uk is managed by Iain Dale Limited ('IDL'), email@example.com.
Registered office address Iain Dale Limited c/o Canny & Associates, 30 Moorgate, London, EC2R 6PJ,, UK VAT number: 814864121
Iain Dale Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, company number 3475067.
Browsing the Shop
- IDL grants you a licence to access and use this shop website, but not to make commercial use of any of the content, nor to collect or store any of the product descriptions, images or prices, either manually or using systematic data-mining or data-gathering techniques without the express written permission of IDL.
- All of the content in the shop website is the property of IDL, and enjoys the full protection of UK and international copyright law.
Transacting with the Bookshop
- When you submit an online or telephone order to the bookshop, that submission constitutes an offer to purchase goods from IDL. On acceptance of the offer by IDL, your contract is with IDL, and your statutory rights are with IDL.
- IDL's policy is to charge a customer's credit or debit card upon order by the customer. Should it not be possible to fulfil an order, IDL will refund the value of any items that are unavailable. If a customer wishes to cancel an order, they will be able to do so as long as stock to fulfil any given order has not been ordered by IDL and the order has not already been dispatched. IDL will bill the card the GBP Sterling value of the order, and cannot guarantee the conversion price in the customer's local currency. This is subject to the customer's bank's rate of exchange on the day the card is billed.
- IDL will take payment upfront for pre-order items and dispatch the goods when they are released/published, this may be on the day of release or beforehand. If dispatched on the day of release/publishing additional time for postage will be incurred and it is then out of control of IDL and passed over to the delivery company.
- Ownership of goods relating remains with IDL until such time as full payment is received by IDL from you.
- If the goods ordered by you are subject to a tax or other charge when the package reaches its destination, the liability for paying these charges will be with you, not with IDL. IDL has no way of knowing what particular customs and import charges may be in force at any time in any country, and makes no allowance in its pricing policy for such charges. For the purposes of customs and other importation charges, therefore, you assume the role of importer of the goods. IDL will not be liable to you for any delay or failure of the goods to reach their delivery address because of the detention of a package by customs or other authorities.
- IDL reserves the right to decline orders, or to cancel orders at its discretion.
- IDL reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and Terms & Conditions at its absolute discretion.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Availability of Goods
Each page on our website tells you when a book will be shipped to you. The time depends on whether we have the item in stock and, if we do not, how quickly we can obtain copies:
- Immediate If we have an item in stock, we aim but cannot guarantee to ship within 48 hours of the order being placed. We use Royal Mail or Hermes to deliver the item to you, and will generally use a service which should read you 3-5 working days after that.
- Not in stock items If we do not have an item in stock, the book page will display an estimate of the number of days until we are able to ship it. Sometimes we will be able to ship before this date; sometimes, the shipment date may be after the date. But it will usually be close.
Prices quoted on this website are correct to the best of our knowledge. IDL reserves the right to refuse to sell the product concerned at the lower, incorrect, price advertised on our website. In this situation, we will contact you to tell you what the higher correct price is, and ask whether you wish to continue with the order at this price or cancel the order.
IDL also reserve the right to refuse sale at a price that has been publicised on the website, or elsewhere if it is incorrect due to error.
Many of the products we sell don't carry VAT but those that do include eBooks, CDs/DVDs and mugs. Where products do have VAT, the product web page will display the gross price (i.e. VAT included).
- If you receive an item from us in imperfect condition, we will be glad to replace it with another copy in perfect condition. Please Contact us in advance to let us know that you will be returning the item.
- As a general rule, IDL does not accept returns of books just because they are different from what you expected them to be.
- A small charge my be incurred for returning books known as a restocking fee and is charged/deducted at the discretion of IDL.
- We may, in some circumstances, offer to exchange a book which you have bought for another book, but such exchanges need to be agreed with us by email in advance and do not happen as of right.
- If you are in any doubt about which books to buy, please Contact us and ask for advice.
Instructions on Returns
- Please wrap the item up in foam, carrier bags, newspaper - anything that will protect it from the knocks it will get through the postal system. (If a book comes back damaged, we cannot accept the return.)
- Insert the item in a padded envelope or cardboard box. You may be able to re-use the one we sent to you if you still have it. If not, you can buy them from most post offices and stationers.
Please make sure you pay the correct postage as we cannot pay any surcharge incurred.
All transactions are covered by UK law.